We Use Patient Rated Outcome Measures (PROMs).
At the Shoulder and Upper Limb Center, we constantly monitor our outcomes using validated PROMs so we can measure the difference we make in our patients’ lives. We believe patients are the best judge of their results.
2021 Patient Rated Outcome Results
Shoulder Replacement Outcomes
Prior to surgery, patients rated their shoulder function as 34%. Patients who received a shoulder replacement improved significantly. At the 6 month mark, patients rated their function at 78%. 1, 4
Shoulder Instability Outcomes
Patients rated their disability at 72% prior to surgery. 6 months after stabilization surgery, patients rated their disability down to 17%. 2, 4
Shoulder Outcomes – Combined
For all other shoulder surgeries, our patients had 51% disability caused by their shoulder condition. 3 months after surgery, the disability came down to 23%. By 6 months, they rate their disability down at 13%. 3, 4
Hand and Wrist Outcomes
On average our post operative hand patients see the disability caused by their condition drop from 43% to 17% three months after their procedure. 3, 4
For more information or appointments,please call
- The Simple Shoulder Test is used to asses how much function the shoulder regains after undergoing a shoulder replacement. (Higher scores are better).
- The WOSI Test rates the functionality of the shoulder related to instability. (Lower scores are better).
- The Quick Dash is a survey that measures the disability caused by an arm, shoulder, or hand condition. (Lower scores are better).
- Results are statistically significant (p<0.05)
- 2022-2023 Patient Rated Outcome Results
- 2020 Patient Rated Outcome Results
- 2019 Patient Rated Outcome Results
To Schedule a Consultation Dr. Sohn and his team, Please Call .