We Use Patient Rated Outcome Measures (PROMs).
At the Shoulder and Upper Limb Center, we constantly monitor our outcomes using validated patient rated outcomes measures (PROMs) so we can evaluate the difference we make in our patients’ lives. We believe patients are the best judge of their results.
2022-2023 Patient Rated Outcome Results
We are pleased to present the results of our patient rated outcome measures for 2022-2023. We believe the patient is the best judge of their results. We constantly monitor our outcomes using validated PROMs so we can measure the difference we make in our patients’ lives.
Combined Results From All Shoulder and Elbow Surgeries
Our patients had 48% disability caused by their shoulder condition. By 6 months, they rate their disability down at 19%. 3, 4
Prior to surgery, patients rated their shoulder function as 31%. Patients who received a shoulder replacement improved significantly. At the 6 month mark, patients rated their function at 78%. 1, 4
Patients rated their disability at 68% prior to surgery. 3 months after surgery, scores improved to 28% (4). 6 months after stabilization surgery, patients rated their disability down to 17%. 2
Hand and Wrist
On average our post operative hand patients see the disability caused by their condition drop from 48% to 28% three months after their procedure. 3, 4
For more information or appointments,please call
- The Simple Shoulder Test is used to assess how much function the shoulder regains after undergoing a shoulder replacement. (Higher scores are better).
- The WOSI Test rates the functionality of the shoulder related to instability. (Lower scores are better).
- The Quick Dash is a survey that measures the disability caused by an arm, shoulder, or hand condition. (Lower scores are better).
- Results are statistically significant (p<0.05)
- 2021 Patient Rated Outcome Results
- 2020 Patient Rated Outcome Results
- 2019 Patient Rated Outcome Results
To Schedule a Consultation Dr. Sohn and his team, Please Call .